Friday, August 28, 2009

Meet the Author

I was born in San Antonio TX, but moved to Baltimore MD at the age of 9. In Baltimore I had most of my life experiences, education, marriage, 2 children and made many lifelong friends, but my heart belonged to Texas. I moved across the country with my two young daughters, where I had new life experiences, including new lifelong friends and grandchildren. I now reside in Houston TX with my mother.

I’ve always had an active imagination, just ask my mother. I loved creating stories and retelling fairy tales or books I’d read to my younger brother or anyone who would listen. It wasn’t until after hearing a story, one of my granddaughters made the comment “Ooo, Nanny that was good!” That I decided maybe I should write them down.

I love writing children’s stories and I pray that my stories bring enjoyment and ignite the imaginations of all the children that read them.

~ Sheila Lindsay, author of Dandelion Snow

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to meet another children's writer! It's what I'm finishing my undergraduate (and then my graduate degree) to be!

    ReplyDelete